Wednesday 6 February 2013

Charlotte Holmes - Model, Presenter, Miss England 2012 - Beach Body Tips


Charlotte Holmes is well known as a successful model, a presenter and she is Miss England 2012.  

We caught up with her just before she jetted off to Thailand in January to ask how she stays fresh faced and keeps fit and healthy whilst completing her very busy schedule. Charlotte is also in training for the 2013 Virgin London Marathon, so it was fascinating to get an insight into her personal motivation. 

So ladies and gents here in her own words are her answers to the questions we asked ........ 



QUESTION: Have you always had a positive/healthy lifestyle?

ANSWER:   Since I was a little girl I have loved going to dance class - ballet, tap and street. In school I was in every team going; netball, basketball, diving, dance, athletics, cross country and 4 x 100 sprint team! I have always believed in keeping active and know, for me, it keeps me positive and healthy!

QUESTION: Have you always had a positive/healthy body image?
ANSWER:   Being a model, I have to keep in the best shape I can at all times- so I eat healthy, drink plenty of water, exercise and get as much sleep as I can. All these thing will naturally lead anyone to have a healthy body image. 







QUESTION: What is your principal keep fit tip?
ANSWER:   Keeping fit to me is about balancing your work and social life with getting a good diet and exercising regularly. It's better to do short regular exercise than to do one huge work out, tire yourself out and then put yourself off for the rest of the month!! 


QUESTION: How important is 'diet' in your healthy lifestyle routine?
ANSWER:    Diet is half of it! Get that wrong and you may as well not exercise! 


QUESTION: How often do you work out?
ANSWER:   Three times a week but during race training it increases!


QUESTION: What is your favorite keep fit activity and why?
ANSWER:    Dance - it's expressive and a great all over work out!
QUESTION: What is your favorite healthy food or recipe and why?

ANSWER:  
Smoothies are my favourite and they're great because you can mix them up and get in all your favourite fruits and vegetables! 



QUESTION: What keeps you motivated to keep fit?
ANSWER:    My boyfriend is a personal trainer... I guess that helps! But I get such a buzz from exercise... It releases good endorphins and it's good to get your blood pumping!! 


We think these are top tips from Miss England 2012. Maybe you'll be able to build some or all of her lifestyle choices into your routines. 

Charlotte is completing the London Marathon 2013 for charity please click on the link to donate:
 

To find our more about Charlotte's reign as 
Miss England check out her website: www.charlottelouiseholmes.com 
follow her on twitter: @misscharholmes